Willem & Handre’s Facebook post saved a life!
Because of these guys running in #loveyournuts swimwear a guy saw these photos on Facebook. Via the Love your Nuts Facebook page he visited our website and watched this video clip. He felt a lump and went to the doctor immediately. He had his surgery done in October 2017 and no chemotherapy needed. Thanks to early detection! See WhatsApp message in the image above. Support their fundraiser here or join our Nuts Team and start your own fundraiser.
Running for educational nuts in swimwear only!
I heard Torsten’s story the first time before the start of the first Daredevil Run in Cape Town. I was touched by his story and his courage to stand in front of hundreds of men just in a speedo and tell them to check their nuts. This is the reason I’m running in a speedo only. (Jamo Davis)
How does a testicular cancer lump feel like? It’s difficult to describe and that’s why Jamo like to raise funds to buy more of these educational nuts (see insert in my image). They are used at educational talks at schools, corporates and events. One testis model cost R 2500.
To support Jamo raising funds to buy more of these educational nuts please donate on his fundraiser page here.
Clint & Luke running for one goodie bag a day
Clint and Luke ran 5km every day for the month of November in aid testicular cancer. One goodie bag a day. One goodie bag can save a child’s life.
Their aim is to raise R 6 000 – 30 goodie bags that we will take to a school of their choice for cancer awareness. Obviously we will give a humorous educational talk too. They made it and raised R 6 700. We visited a school in the township Langa to distribute these educational bags.
Keen? This is how to join the Nuts Team:
Raise more than R 1500 (for international courier service add R 500) and we will courier you your Love Your Nuts running vest or shirt and swimwear. (I know not everyone like to run in a speedo. You are welcome to raise awareness in your running shorts too.)
How to pay:
You pay via your Givengain project that you create. The steps to create your project are explained in the next paragraph “How to enter”. No banking details needed. No EFTs. To register with GivenGain is for free.
There are two option to pay for your merchandise. Either you “fund yourself” and pay in the amount or you share your project link with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media, asking them for donations. So with a little bit of effort your entry and the merchandise can be for free. And you are supporting a fantesticle cause!
How to enter:
- Open the running campaign page to start your project.
On the cause page, click on “Start fundraising” to register a fundraising project with your Facebook login details or an e-mail address. (if you don’t have a GivenGain profile it will take you to a page to create one first)
- Complete the project steps, adding a video, photo or both and providing information about your project eg. why are you running for this cause? (Check out the other project to get ideas)
- Set a realistic fundraising goal – you can always change it later.
- Set the date when your project ends. Set it for e.g. a year ahead if you plan to enter different events.
- Share your fundraising project link with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media, asking them for donations.
- Download the GivenGain fundraiser guide here. It includes tips on how to get people to donate for your project.
- If you need help or have questions please contact Torsten at email@example.com